Become a SCAN Volunteer
There are many volunteer opportunities to share your skills and knowledge in our office, in our classrooms and in the local communities. Volunteering is also a wonderful opportunity to explore learning new skills!
Reception Area – SCAN Members enjoy being greeted with a friendly smile and by a helpful person to answer their questions. This position also helps with answering the phones.
Office Assistant – Assist the SCAN Office Manager with light office work including typing letters, basic spreadsheets, filing and making phone calls for upcoming events.
Event Assistant – SCAN hosts many educational events throughout the year. Consider helping with a specific event from beginning to end – from planning and marketing, to greeting the sponsors, presenters and checking-in the attendees and ensuring a successful event.
Multi Media Division Coordinator – Responsible for supporting the Executive Director & TV Director and assisting with the pre- and post-production work on the three TV shows produced by SCAN and weekly Good News Radio Show. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
TV Pre Production work:
- Send guest book to guests two weeks in advance
- Receive guest information and questions back
- Provide questions to TV Director so they can be posted for the show
- Confirm guest one week prior to show
- Confirm with show host one week prior to show
- Maintain TV schedule of guests
- Maintain the files in TV library and guest releases
TV Post Production work:
- Duplicate shows for mailing – verify mailing list, contact person and phone number
- Mail bundles to stations at least 10 days in advance of showing
- Provide show information to Social Media consultant and Marketing
- Maintain supply of DVD’s, sleeves, supplies
- Provide guest info to Data Entry person
- Send the guest their copy of the show and a thank you letter